The Department for Educations guidelines state that Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined for the purposes of this guidance as:
• protecting children from maltreatment;
• preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
• ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
• taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Keep Calm and Carry On Learning has been set up in the context of our current unprecedented emergency situation that is affecting the whole world. Our vision for Keep Calm and Carry On Learning to be;
A community platform bringing together learners and teachers in this time of crisis,
intends to drive us to constantly improve our platform so that everyone can contribute and lead a community driven response to the crisis, support each other, and make exceptional efforts in these exceptional circumstances.
Nevertheless, protecting our children remains of the utmost importance and, while we insist that parents understand and support the nature and approach of our platform, we do everything we can to ensure that our Tutors adhere to the standards set out above.
This situation is unprecedented and many countries have declared a state of emergency. We continue to improve upon our Safeguarding measures every day and welcome comments or support from any interested parties.
Our on-boarding process for new Tutors is designed to deliver our commitment to Safeguarding and is laid out below. We ensure that any prospective Tutor, before being approved to teach, must do the following:
- Go through a short video conference with ourselves to ascertain intentions, capability and intended content
- Submit their Name, Surname, Copy of their Driving Licence or Passport
- Be approved by at least 2 existing Parents or Teachers (minimum 1 parent) already on our platform
- Deliver at least 1 class to the child(ren) of the supporting Parent before being able to teach additional children